The healing period will proceed differently depending on aftercare, type of skin and body part. To achieve the best healing possible, please take care of following points:
- Avoid physically demanding activities and motions.
- Make sure your hands are clean before touching your tattoo.
- Take off the foil after three hours. Second skin 48 hours after or what your tattoo artist told you. Afterwards clean the tattoo with clear water and ph-neutral soap. Let it air-dry or carefully tap it dry with a clean towel.
- Put on a thin layer of coconut oil.
- During the first seven days try to keep showers quick. Water, shampoo, bodywash and soap should only be gently flowing over the wounded skin part. Don’t scrub!
- During the first week your tattoo should be treated with coconut oil once to twice a day. Wash your hands first!
- For the second to third week do this treatment once a day.
General information to attend during healing period:
- The tattooed skin part should not be stretched too much.
- Avoid sports for at least one week.
- During the first three to four weeks baths and sauna should be avoided.
- Avoid contact to dirt.
- Itching is part of the healing process. Please don’t scratch!
- Avoid direct insolation and/or solarium for two to threee month.
- Only expose the tattooed body part to insolation using a sunblock 30+ or more after the first two to three months.
- Minimal stress und physical exhaustion, good sleep and healthy food support the endogenous healing mechanisms of the body.
During the first days bruises and swellings can appear. This is a normal physical reaction and nothing to worry about.
After about eight weeks you can send a clear detailed photo of your tattoo via email to me, so I can decide if it needs a retouch. The retouch has to happen within six month to be included in the price.